Baggage – Trips between Mexico and Central America
For trips between Mexico and Central America (Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama):
You can bring onboard as a carry-on:
- One piece of up to 10 kg/22 lbs. (in Clase Premier 18 kg/39 lbs.) and linear dimensions of up to 115 cm (45") (56 x 36 x 23 cms or 22" x 14" x 9" length+width+height)
- One personal object (ex. handbag, briefcase, lap top case or backpack) max. 3 kg/6.6 lbs.
- One additional item (ex. umbrella, camera with case, duty free bag)
You can check this baggage at no additional charge:
- In Economy Class, the first and second pieces are free. **
- In Clase Premier, two bags of up to 32 kg/70 lbs. each
- Passengers traveling with infants can check an additional bag of up to 20 kg/44 lbs. as well as a bassinet or stroller
Bags may have linear dimensions of up to 158 cm (62")
Charges for additional checked bag:
The first and second pieces are free.**
For the 3rd, 4th and 5th additional pieces 160 USD each at the airport or 150 USD each if purchased in advance
Oversize bags 150 USD each
- Overweight bags from 26 a 45 kg, 15 USD per kg
* Pre-sale prices apply up to 24 hours before your flight
- From the 8th piece of luggage or for a bag weighing more than 45 kg/99 lbs., the bag(s) must be sent as cargo.
- You may not wrap multiple bags together and check them in as one piece.
- Prices include value added tax (IVA).
- If your connection lasts more than 24 hours, the baggage allowance from your origin to your destination does not apply. Two allowances apply, the one from the origin to Mexico and the one from Mexico to the destination. The only exception is trips to/from Brazil, where the allowance from origin to destination applies even if the connection lasts more than 24 hours.
- ** Central and South America (except Brazil and Panama): The first and second pieces are free. During peak season, the pre-purchase fee, up to 24 hours before departure, for the second piece is 45 USD. Non pre-purchase fee: 55 USD.The second item is subject to space availability and transported to your final destination within seven days.