Date of most recent update: May 30, 2016.
We are providing this privacy notice in compliance with the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties [Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de Particulares]. To that end, we wish to inform you of the following:
1. Controller responsible for the protection of the personal data.
Aerovías de México S.A. de C.V. (hereinafter referred to as “Aeroméxico”), whose address for hearing receiving notifications is Avenida Paseo de la Reforma No. 445, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, C.P. 06500, in Mexico City, Federal District, is the party responsible for the processing and protection of your personal data, and/or those of your child or ward that might be collected (hereinafter “the personal data”).
2. Information about our privacy officer and how to contact him or her.
Our privacy officer is a person within Aeroméxico who, in accordance with Article 30 of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties, has been formally designated to:
- Respond to the requests of data subjects to exercise their rights.
- Foment and oversee the protection of the personal data in our possession.
For everything related to the processing and protection of personal data, you can contact our privacy officer by sending an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Personal data that we collect.
To achieve the aims outlined in section four (4) of this privacy notice, we will gather the following categories of personal data: (i) identification; (ii) contact; (iii) physical traits; (iv) wealth; (v) finances; and (iv) sensitive data. With regard to the latter category, kindly note the following:
3.1. Sensitive personal data.
We do not collect sensitive personal data by obtaining them directly or indirectly, but only when you surrender them to us personally, in order to provide you with appropriate care in relation to the air transport service. The sensitive personal data that we may collect are:
- Health status of people with disabilities and/or reduced mobility.
- Medical conditions that should be taken into consideration to be able to fly, in the opinion of the attending physician.
- In the case of pregnant women, information to ascertain the gestation period they are going through.
- Medical record for reimbursement requests.
To do this will require your express written consent by signing this privacy notice, which is delivered to you in person. These sensitive data shall be processed under strict security measures to ensure their confidentiality, to fulfill the purposes mentioned in this privacy notice only, and making reasonable efforts to limit the processing period to the bare minimum.
3.2. Personal data of minors and people subject to interdiction.
Please note that we have a particular interest in taking care of the personal information of minors and people subject to interdiction. The personal data we obtain from minors must, without exception, be given by the parent or guardian, and shall be processed and protected under strict measures of security and confidentiality.
3.3. Personal data of third parties.
For the personal data you provide us with about third parties, you must first obtain the consent of the subject of such data and inform them about the site where they will be able to find and learn of this comprehensive privacy notice.
4. Purposes of processing the personal data collected.
The personal data are collected for the following primary and secondary purposes:
a) Primary purposes. Aims that give rise to and are necessary for the legal relationship between you and Aeroméxico:
- To identify you.
- To provide you the information you are requesting, for quotations, reservations, purchases, cancellations, changes and ticket pickups.
- Air transport to domestic and international destinations.
- To notify you about delays, cancellations and confirmation of flights.
- Excess baggage payment.
- Entry to Premier Saloons.
- Baggage claim.
- To carry out the search and delivery of delayed or forgotten luggage.
- Investigation of theft of items of your luggage.
- Prevention, research and assistance of fraudulent activities.
- To issue the respective tax receipts for payment of the contracted services.
- To attend consultations and queries via chat and/or by any other means.
- To address clarifications, comments and complaints regarding your flight.
- Purchase of additional services.
- To draw up agreements.
- To fill out the "Report of Incidents, Accidents of Passengers and Crew” form if necessary.
- To provide followup and, if applicable, pay out claims or refunds.
- To issue compensation coupons for meals, taxis or accommodation in the event of any operational irregularity.
- To document the transportation details of an unaccompanied minor.
- Regulatory compliance.
In the case of sensitive personal data, these shall be used to provide services of: travel assistance and support; aircraft boarding and disembarkation priority; wheelchairs in their various forms; personal oxygen bottles or tanks or those provided by Aeroméxico; use of respiratory assistance equipment; driving to and boarding the aircraft, getting to your seat, disembarkation and getting to the luggage reclaims area, and attention to special requirements, and to process reimbursement applications. They may also be used to comply with any legal provision or order by a competent authority. To document the transport details of a person who is sick or pregnant.
b) Secondary purposes. Different purposes that do not give rise to the legal relationship between you and Aeroméxico, but which nevertheless are important and useful for:
- Surveys, evaluation and monitoring of the air transport services provided.
- Offering products, services and promotions via email and the call center.
- Contacting you by telephone for your opinion and experience of the flight made.
- Marketing, advertising, market research.
- Informative purposes with respect to our existing and new destinations.
4.1. Refusal to allow processing of personal data for secondary purposes
If you do not want personal data to be processed for the secondary purposes mentioned, or for some of those purposes, you can refuse us your consent from this moment forward by sending your request to our privacy officer, who shall indicate the procedure to be followed to exercise your right. Your refusal in this regard shall not be grounds for denying you the services and products you are requesting or contracting with us.
Whenever we obtain personal information indirectly, you will have a period of (five) business days to, if appropriate, express your refusal to allow the processing of the personal data for secondary purposes. If you do not, it shall be understood that you consent to the processing of the personal data for such purposes, without affecting any subsequent decision you may take to exercise the rights of cancellation or objection in the manner described in paragraphs six (6) and seven (7) of this privacy notice.
5. Transfer of the personal data.
To fulfill the primary purposes outlined in section four (4) of this privacy notice, the personal data may be transferred to the following persons or entities, without legally requiring your consent pursuant to Article 37 of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties:
- International companies with whom we have a shared code and/or who form part of the Sky Team alliance or some other international organization, in order to provide you the contracted air transport service and offer you benefits.
- Asociación Latinoamericana y del Caribe de Transportation Aéreo (ALTA), with whom we have an agreement that is in your interest, since this transferal is made to prevent fraudulent credit card transactions. Only your email and the first 6 digits of your card are transferred.
- Universal Air Travel Plan, Inc. (UATP) to prevent or attend to fraudulent transactions with corporate prepaid cards. UATP may transfer such information to the affected airlines by fraudulent activities. Your personal wealth, financial or sensitive information will not transferred.
- Sabre Sociedad Tecnológica, S. de R.L. de C.V., Sabre Travel Network, and companies in the same group, to make reservations of plane tickets. Aeroméxico uses these companies’ systems for such purposes.
- Companies with whom we have entered into an agreement or are about to enter into one, which will be in your interest and are intended to provide the services, as long as you choose to hire their services in order to grant benefits.
- Companies whose business is rental car, in order to provide the ground transportation service, as long as you decide to hire such service.
- Airport of origin, connection and destination to document the transportation details of a sick or pregnant person or an unaccompanied minor.
- Foreign governmental authorities, either directly or through their agencies, in order to meet their requirements on passenger registration.
- Restaurants, overland carriers or hotels where compensation for meals, taxis or accommodation is provided to passengers affected by any operational irregularity.
- Airlines having access to the World Tracer (a baggage tracking system) and parcel delivery companies to search for delayed baggage or the owner thereof, and for its shipment.
- Immigration and Customs of the country of origin and the countries to which you are flying, in order to comply with the appropriate legal provisions.
- Authorities, in order to comply with applicable legal provisions, and to clarify details of incidents or exercise some right.
- Companies that form part of Grupo Aeroméxico, operating under the same internal processes and policies, in order to provide you a better service and comply with our internal regulations. These companies shall establish the administrative, technical and physical security measures that will allow us to protect personal data against damage, loss, alteration, destruction or use contrary to that indicated in this privacy notice.
- Doctors, paramedics or providers of health services, in case of any accident, medical emergency or health situation, to able to provide you with assistance.
Furthermore, personal data of identification and contact may be transferred to the following entities, in which case we do require you to give your consent:
- Companies with commercial activities: for purposes of market research and sales of products or services.
- Companies with marketing and advertising activities: to carry out market research, market surveys and disseminate advertising concerning travel and destinations.
- Companies with financial activities: to offer you products and services.
- Companies with promotional activities: to inform you about promotions regarding travel, destinations and tickets.
- Companies with tourism activities: to promote their services of accomodation and dissemination regarding domestic and international destinations.
If you do not express your refusal to allow us to perform this/these transfer(s), we will assume that you have given us your consent. You can express your refusal from this moment forward by sending an email to our privacy officer, who will show you the procedure to be followed to exercise your right.
6. ARCO Rights.
According to the terms of the applicable regulations, you are entitled to know what personal data we have from you, what we use it for and the conditions we use them in (Access). It is also your right to request the correction of your personal information if it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); to have us remove it from our records or databases if you believe it is not being used properly (Cancellation); and to object to the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Objection). These rights are known as ARCO rights.
To exercise any of the ARCO rights, you will have to submit the respective request through an email addressed to our privacy officer (which you can get by clicking here), who will tell you about the procedure and requirements for exercising those rights, the response times, how we will make your right effective, and will attend to any questions, complaints or comments you might have.
7. Mechanisms and procedures for revoking your consent.
Under the terms of the applicable regulations, you can revoke any consent you may have given us. However, it is important to keep in mind that not in all cases will your request be admissible or will be able to stop the use thereof immediately, since it is possible that we might need to continue processing your personal data because of some legal obligation.
To revoke your consent you will have to submit your request through an email addressed to our privacy officer, who will tell you about the procedure and requirements for exercising this right, the response times, how we will make your right effective, and will attend to any questions, complaints or comments you might have.
8. Options the data subject has to limit the use or disclosure of the personal data.
In addition to the procedure and exercise of the rights set out in paragraphs six (6) and seven (7) of this privacy notice, you can limit the use or disclosure of personal data in the following ways:
- For the purposes of marketing and advertising, you can express your refusal by marking the “I do not wish to receive emails” box found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- You can also send an email to our privacy officer asking to be included on the “Advertising Exclusion List of Aeroméxico,” so that we will not use your personal information for promotional, advertising or marketing purposes.
Please not that we have electronic technologies (cookies and web beacons) that allow us to gather data about your activity electronically while you are visiting our website: www.aeromexico.com. The data we collect are:
- Information about the type of browser you are using.
- Information about the hours and time you spent on our site.
- Sections looked at on our website.
- Information about the pages you visited before visiting: www.aeromexico.com
- Information about the pages you visited after visiting: www.aeromexico.com.
- Your IP address.
The data gathered are not necessary to fulfill the primary obligations outlined in this privacy notice; however, they are of the extremely important and useful to us in meeting the following objectives:
- Sending information to your email address related with our current and new destinations.
- Sending advertising tailored to your likes and preferences.
- Conveying information to you about our discounts, packages and promotions.
- Offering you new products, destinations and services based on your preferences.
The data gathered will be used exclusively by Aeroméxico, hence these data will not be subject to national or international transfers.
You can disable the use of these technologies at any time. You can view this procedure at:
From Internet Explorer (in Windows)
Safari in Mac
10. Amendments to this privacy notice.
We reserve the right to make changes or updates to this privacy notice at any time to bring it in line with new legislation, internal policies or new requirements about how we provide or offer our services or products. The updated version will be available to the public through the following means:
- Advertisements placed at our establishments.
- On our website, which we suggest you visit frequently.
- We can send it to you using the last email address you have given us.
The procedure regarding notification via Internet, is as follows: (I) Go to our website at www.aeromexico.com. If there are any changes or updates to this privacy notice, you will receive a notification to let you know; (ii) click on the privacy notice link; (iii) there you will find the current version with date of the most recent update.
11. Improper processing of the personal data.
If you believe that your right to the protection of personal data has been harmed by any conduct or omission on our part, or presume there to be any violation of the provisions of the Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data in the Possession of Private Parties, its Regulations, and other applicable statutes, you can lodge your complaint or accusation with the Federal Institute for Access to Information and Data Protection (IFAI). For more information, we suggest you visit their official website www.ifai.org.mx.