Train Travel in Spain
With Aeromexico you can make train reservations to and from Madrid and connections to cities throughout Spain, including: Albacete, Alicante, Almeria, Barcelona, Bilbao, Burgos, Cádiz, Castellón, Ciudad Real, Córdoba, Cuenca, Girona, Granada, Guadalajara, Huelva, Jerez, León, Lleida, Málaga Valladolid, Murcia, Oviedo, Palencia, Pamplona, Segovia, Sevilla, Tarragona, Toledo, Valencia, Vitoria, and Zaragosa.
Traveling by Train: Ticket Information
Please consider the following if you purchased your Renfe train tickets through Aeromexico:
- Passengers must print train tickets at www.accesrail.com under the Check-In section within 72-hours before the train's scheduled departure.
- To print a ticket: All passengers must enter the Aeromexico reservation code or e-ticket number (beginning with 139) and the passenger’s name exactly as it appears on the reservation.
- Note: This procedure doesn’t apply to children 2 and under, as they do not require tickets to travel with Renfe.
- A printed Renfe ticket is required to board the train. Travelers will find the date, time, route and train number printed on their ticket. Renfe does not employ ticketing agents to assist with this procedure and travelers will not be permitted to board trains with an Aeromexico ticket.
- Do not discard your Renfe ticket until you have reached your final destination, as passengers may be asked to display it at any time.
- Passengers must arrive at the train station 30 minutes prior to boarding time.
- Renfe allows a total of three carry-on bags, under the passenger’s supervision, to be stowed in designated areas. Baggage policies are as follows:
- The total area of all three bags must not exceed 290 cm with the largest suitcase not exceeding 85x55x35 cm (height-width-depth). The combined weight of all three bags must not exceed 25 kg. Renfe reserves the right to deny excess baggage and all baggage is considered the sole responsibility of the traveler while traveling between the airport and the train station.
- Passengers with specialize baggage are permitted one carry-on, measuring no more than 55x35x25 cm (WxHxD). Passengers must make sure that bags are not moved from the established location and do not inconvenience their fellow travelers.
- The following luggage is not considered regular carry-on baggage because of its size:
- Sports equipment
- Golf bags and ski equipment
Transfering from the Barajas Airport to the Madrid Atocha and Chamartin train stations:
- If traveling with the AVE railroad company or another long-distance train, the cost of your ticket includes complimentary shuttles, using the C1 line out of Terminal 4, to and from the Madrid Airport to the Chamartin and Atocha stations.
- To pick up your transfer ticket at the automatic ticketing counters at the Renfe C1 Cercanias boarding gates simply scan the bar code or enter the 5-digit Combinado de Cercanías code found on all Renfe boarding passes.
Reaching Your Destination
Passengers arriving at the Terminal-1 C1 Cercanias commuter line must board the train to Atocha or Chamartin then transfer in order to reach their final destination.
- Pick up your luggage and go through customs at T-1 in Madrid
- Exit Customs and go to the First Floor (departures)
- Take the Terminal-1 bus to Terminal-4
- Disembark at T-4 (departures), go two floors down to Cercanias Renfe to pick up your ticket and board the train.
- The duration of your journey from the C-1 line to the stations will be:
- Chamartin Station - Airport T4: 11 minutes
- Atocha Station - Airport T4: 25 minutes
Alternative shuttles to Chamartin and Atocha stations (additional fees apply):
Bus: Take the Airport Express Line departing from Terminal 1 at baggage delivery #2. This bus travels to and from the Atocha station.
- To Atocha: Start at Metro Line 8 from Airport terminals 1, 2 or 3, transfer at the Nuevos Ministerio Station to Line 10 then transfer to Line 1 at the Tribunal Station. Exit at the Renfe Atocha subway station. Estimated travel time: 50 minutes.
- To Chamartín: Start at Metro Line 8 from Airport terminals 1, 2 or 3 then transfer to at Nuevos Ministerios Station to line 10 and exit at Chamartín subway station. Estimated travel time: 35 minutes.
For more information, please contact our Aeromexico Call Center at 01 800 021 4000 or go to www.renfe.com for more information.